Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tomato Time

And after a busy summer weeding and watering and waiting, it's finally time for tomatoes. Hurrah.



I'm hoping that later this week I'll have time to add a few individual tomato portraits, but since it's going to be VERY busy, it might have to wait till next weekend.

Until then, I'll share my five favorite ways to eat fresh tomatoes:

- Whole, like an apple fresh from the garden and still warm from the sunshine.

- Sliced in half-inch slices and layered on fresh warm rolls.

- Sliced in half-inch slices and layered on toast with mayo.

- Roasted in the oven and tossed with pasta.

- Sliced and layered with chevre, then drizzled with olive oil.

These are in no particular order, since it's totally impossible for me to choose a favorite.

Later,

b

PS, I do know that one of Phil's chocolate peppers sneaked into my photo. What a card.

No comments: