Monday, May 26, 2008

Welcome Spring?

The official beginning of spring in ND is this weekend - the Memorial Day weekend is traditionally our first chance for camping and the optimal time to put in our gardens and start enjoying the weather. After three days of rain and cold, cold wind, today actually got all the way up to 53 degrees on the thermometer and when I was working in the south flower bed I didn't really need my sweater.

Need I say more?

ND is not Eden.

I've started this blog hoping to keep track of what I do in the garden this year, what works, what doesn't, and what I cook from Phil's garden. I do the flowers, he does the veggies, and it works beautifully.

So today I did put the dinner plate dahlias out along the south side of the house and surrounded them with pansies and violas. I guess we'll see since they're new for me this year. I put a new climbing rose on the east side of the house and some smaller dahlias and a lantana in the planter box by the front door. I'll post pictures when that becomes a possibility.

Now I have to take a break from the computer and go cover my babies for tonight. It's supposed to get close to freezing and there's a frost warning for the county. Lovely.

Later,
b

No comments: