Sunday, July 6, 2008

Meet My New Friend

Since my last post the weather has changed dramatically. Hurrah. We've been enjoying classical July 4th weather -- 90 degrees and sunny. My favorite weather. Of course once the sun comes out, things start to change in my garden.
And the biggest change I've seen yet is my dinner-plate dahlia. The little dahlias have been blooming enthusiastically for the last week or so. (I'd post pictures here, but a sudden summer storm chased us all inside before I could finish my garden tour.) But I did get a picture of my new best friend:



I know this isn't any kind of record-breaking dahlia, but I'm impressed with my first attempt. Daniel suggested taking a picture of the flower with a quarter so we could see how big it really is. See:

Since the lightning seems to be getting MUCH closer, I'll stop now.

More later,
b

No comments: